🙋♂️ About me
👨💻 I work remote 🏠 in Cornwall
I am aFront-End Engineerwith more than2+ years experiencebuilding responsive and accessible web-applications and 6 months experience in the startup world working remotely withcodecareer.io.
I primarly build front end views with the React framework and use both Next.js andGatsby. For styling I useTailwindCSS, vanillaCSS and on occassionSassfor legacy projects. I dabble with some backend issues such as MongoDB and mongoose schemas.
My responsibilities, include maintaining a job board hiring system for junior developers. Currently, I am refactoring the codebase and optimizing load times.
In my spare time, I am writing a TailwindCSS for a publisher as well as writing a about using Gatsby.js. I also contribute to open source projects. and I am about to start a blog series and data structures.👉 If you want to knowabout me
React Developer @CodeCareer.ioStartup that assists junior developers finding jobs via a job board.
- I work as part of afrontend development teamimplementing features inReactJS. I also interact with a designer by asking for feedback of completed work, and informing what parts of the design might need to change to be more accessible.
- We uses the agilemethodology and jirawhere developers are assigned features.
- My responsibilities involvemaintaining the hiring systembyadding new features andupdating job posts. Currently, I amrefactoring parts of the codebase, improvingresponsiveness by reduce calling repaint and the time taken for the browser to render.
- My recent work includes implementing front-endCRUDfunctionality for posting jobs to the job board, built a custom hook for API requests,updated SEO and favicons. My next goals are toreduce API requests withlocal storage and implement infinite scrolling.
Cleaner @City Facilities Management
I interact with customers daily as well as coordinate with ASDA workers. I have almost 6 years of customer service skills with previous jobs at Sainsbury's and Co-op.
2 years experience building various React projects from a Markdown Previewer, Drum Machine and amazon clone. As well as 6 months experience working as a React developer for a startup.
When using React, Redux is my go to state manager which is paired with redux thunk and reselect
An alternative to Redux which I love is GraphQL. I use this as query language for my API's. I have been using this for almost a year.
💼What I offer
Writing tutorials about my favourite technologies, APIs with Node.js and contributing to open source.
Writing books and documentation
Currently writing a book about Tailwind CSS as well as a Book about using GatsbyJS. If you need someone to review your book contact me.
Building fast, responsive and engaging apps to bring your ideas to life.
Making sure your designs work no matter what device a user views it.
Need help refactoring a codebase, implementing new features in react apps with clean code, and performance improvements.
BSc Psychology @University of Plymouth
- In this course I studied the following topics Individual Differences, human development, Social, Developmental, Cognition, and Biological Psychology. I chose the following four current topics:
- Neurobiology and crime:
Researched how lies are formed in the brain and what leads to body cues.
The role of mental imagery and mental health. The embodied brain and memory
- Mental disorders and Pharmaceuticalogy:
Investigated Alzhemiers and the role of beta amyloid plaques The role of anxiety in PTSD